It’s that time of year again! After a long season, many athletes are rightfully worn out and may be stricken with injuries and pain. This is a problem because the postseason is the time when athletes need to perform at their best. At Free Body Physical Therapy, our team is here to help you stay healthy and reach new athletic heights! Continue reading to learn more about what you can do to stay healthy during the postseason.
Staying Healthy In The Postseason
After a busy season, the stakes are at an all-time high. Your team is headed to the playoffs, but the physical demands of the season may have taken a toll on your body. In the postseason, athletes can struggle with staying healthy and in game shape as their sports season dwindles down. Our team would like to outline a beneficial course of action for postseason training:
- Dynamic Warm-ups – Before you start your high-intensity workout, it’s essential to perform dynamic warm-up exercises and stretches to get the blood flowing and loosen stiff muscles. It’s important to ease into your fitness sessions to avoid potential injury during this critical time.
- Maintain Your Workout Routine – While you need to be avoiding fatigue during the postseason, you shouldn’t stop exercising. Implement strength training, cardiovascular exercises, and flexibility training to reduce your risk of injury.
- Rest and Recovery – Rest is one of the most crucial components of training. Taking the necessary measures to reserve your strength and prevent fatigue can make all the difference in your athletic output. Active rest can also help you switch up the repetitiveness of your daily routine by allowing you to do something unrelated to your sport.
- Listen to Your Body – During the postseason, it’s essential to tune in to your body’s signals. You can still train hard while listening to your body to avoid injury.
- Avoid Dehydration – You should be drinking water before your workout and replenishing your body after an intense workout or game. Dehydration can take you out of the game early, so be sure to hydrate frequently.
- Balanced Diet – As an athlete, your body is often put through enormous stress and physical demands daily. Making an effort to eat a healthy, balanced diet can help you improve your athletic performance and overall well-being.
While there is no shortage of preventative measures you can take to avoid injury during the postseason, some injuries are unavoidable. If you find yourself hurt in the postseason, our team at Free Body Physical Therapy is here to help! We understand how devastating it can be to spend time on the bench while rehabbing an injury, especially during the championships! We offer several treatments for sports injuries to help you get back to competing with your teammates and coaches.
By scheduling a physical therapy session with our team, you can increase your chances of making a speedy recovery. Our staff will teach you how to perform therapeutic exercises to help you get back in the game. The benefits of sports rehabilitation may include:
- Restored strength.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Quicker recovery time.
- Reduced need for surgery.
- Increased range of motion and flexibility.
- Pain elimination.
Contact The Team At Free Body Physical Therapy
When you and your teammates have reached the postseason, the last thing you want is an injury keeping you from winning that title. At Free Body Physical Therapy, we offer physical therapy and rehabilitation services to athletes at every stage of their careers. We understand that every sport comes with its own unique challenges and requirements. We will develop a treatment plan catered to your specific needs. To learn more tips for staying healthy in the postseason, or to schedule a session, contact our team today!