If you or someone you know is suffering from Kyphosis and needs an expert back pain doctor Chicago, our team at Free Body Physical Therapy is here to help you. Contact us today to learn more.
What is Kyphosis?
Kyphosis, or what is commonly known as Hunchback, is an abnormal curvature in the spine. This abnormal curvature is typical among older women and also affects those with osteoporosis. Though osteoporosis can be one of the reasons, one is Kyphosis. Many usually are Hunchbacked without having osteoporosis.
Types of Kyphosis
Many who suffer from Kyphosis have a range in their severity. The different types include:
- Postural Kyphosis– this type of Kyphosis is when the normal-shaped vertebrae are greater than 50 degrees.
- Scheuermann’s Kyphosis– is when the vertebrae have developed a wedge shape. This is a very stiff type of Kyphosis and can get worse over time.
- Congenital Kyphosis– This type of Kyphosis is usually noticed at birth. A child is seen to have a noticeable curve in the spine. The curve can become more prominent as they grow.
Causes and Symptoms of Kyphosis
Along with osteoporosis, Kyphosis can also be caused by but are not limited to:
- Birth Defects
- Cancer and Cancer treatments
- Disk Degeneration
Those who suffer from Kyphosis can experience symptoms like:
- A difference in shoulder height
- Tight hamstrings
- Back pain
- Breathing problems
Treatment for Kyphosis
Due to the various ranges of Kyphosis, a one size fits all treatment can do more damage in the long run. First and foremost, talk to your primary care provider before trying any treatment. Treating Kyphosis can range from simple to very complicated. This includes:
- Physical therapy
- A brace
How Our Back Pain Doctor Chicago at Free Body PT Can Help
The Most common symptom faced by many who suffer from Kyphosis is back pain. One of the most effective methods of improving kyphosis and back pain is physical therapy. Our back pain doctor Chicago at Free Body Physical Therapy will provide you with practical exercises. At Free Body PT, we can treat the most severe and most acute case of Kyphosis. We have a very experienced back pain doctor Chicago here at Free Body PT that can help you ease your discomfort from Kyphosis. Contact us today to learn more about our services.