A knee injury is common among athletes. The types of knee injuries require surgery and remove a player from sports for months. Free Body Physical Therapy, best physical therapist Chicago, treats sports-related injuries. Sports injuries can be devastating. Allow us to guide you through rehabilitation physically and mentally.
The Makeup of the Knee.
The knee is constructed of three bones. The lower part of the thigh bone, the upper part of the shinbone, and the kneecap. Some ligaments and tendons connect the whole knee structure. Cartilage under the kneecap stabilizes the knee. Click here for more information about the knee.
What Causes Knee Pain?
Disruption of any of the components of the knee joint can cause knee pain. A hard blow or fall may pull or tear ligaments of the knee, causing the leg to not function properly. In sports, it is common to have knee injuries from the constant stomping of the knee, stepping wrong, sudden stops and starts, colliding with other players, and overtraining.
Types of Knee Injuries.
Many knee injuries can happen during sports. Knee injuries can be serious and take a long recovery time. Determined athletes are eager to get back on the field. Knee specialist Chicago will get you back on the field quickly and safely. Common knee injuries include:
- Torn ACL.
- Torn Meniscus.
- Cysts in the Back of the Knee.
- Dislocating Knee Cap.
- Patellar Tendonitis Tear.
It is more common for females to get knee injuries. The alignment of the hips affects the way landing and running occur. It is important for female athletes to always take preventative measures before competing at practice or in games.
Preventing Injuries is important for the longevity of athletes. It is critical to warm up before every game, practice, or workout. Hydrating brings oxygen to the muscles making strong and healthy muscles. Wear comfortable and proper shoes and cleats that work best for your body. Here are other preventative measures:
- Maintaining a healthy diet.
- Train the Whole Body to Strengthen All Muscles.
Services We Offer.
At Free Body Physical Therapy, best physical therapist Chicago, we provide high-quality care. Our physical therapists work as a team to treat you and your injury. Everyone heals differently. Specific care for your body will recover your knee quicker and more efficiently.
Contact The Best Physical Therapist Chicago
If you are looking for the best physical therapist Chicago, Free Body Physical Therapy is here to help. Do not settle for subpar care. Use our services and come back stronger than you were before the injury. Contact us today!
Many kinds of injuries can occur in a volleyball match, from rotator cuff tendinitis to ankle sprains. These injuries can often be debilitating and require immediate treatment. That is where physical therapy can come in for volleyball athletes. If you or someone you know is looking for best physical therapist Chicago for a volleyball injury, then Free Body Physical Therapy can help your injury so that you can get back into the game in top shape!
Types of Volleyball Injuries
It’s essential to be aware of the types of injuries that can occur in volleyball, so you know what parts of the body to look after. If you are a volleyball player, you may be wondering just how many injuries can occur during a volleyball match. Some common injuries that you can watch out for include:
- Finger injuries
- Rotator cuff tendinitis
- Lower back pain
- Ankle sprains
- ACL injuries
- Patellar Tendinitis (Jumper’s Knee)
Suppose you think you may have obtained one of these injuries. In that case, a physical therapist will be able to diagnose your injury and offer you different kinds of treatments. Our therapists at Free Body best physical therapist Chicago are here for you!
Physical Therapy for Volleyball Injuries
When seeking treatment for a sports injury, it is always best that you go to a physical therapist. A therapist will determine what condition you have and provide you with the best treatments to help your situation. If you are dealing with an injury from volleyball or think you may have one, you may be wondering, “What treatment options are available for me?” Here are some forms of treatments that physical therapists often use:
- Immobilization: This form of therapy involves keeping a part of the body still with a brace. The brace helps prevent further injury to a body part by decreasing movement. Immobilization is usually the standard treatment for ankle injuries.
- Exercises: This form of therapy involves doing different exercises to increase mobility, strength, and flexibility in a body part to stabilize it and prevent future injury. Many kinds of injuries can be treated with exercises, including but not limited to rotator cuff injuries, lower back pain, and patellar tendinitis.
- Surgery: This form of therapy is often the last resort for many injuries. However, an injury may require surgery if it is severe enough. Also, in the case of ACL tears, it is necessary since they cannot heal on their own. The recovery time after surgery for ACL tears can last for months.
Free Body Physical Therapy: Best Physical Therapist Chicago
There is hardly anything worse for athletes than being out of the game due to an injury, which is no exception for volleyball athletes. Physical therapists can help determine an injury and provide the appropriate treatment methods so you can get back into the sport that you love. If you or someone you know is suffering from a volleyball injury and is interested i best physical therapist Chicago then Free Body PT is here for you. Please visit our website to learn more about us and make an appointment today!
While we all love shooting hoops, sometimes a misstep can lead to serious injuries. Many of the injuries associated with basketball can be treated with Free Body Physical Therapy, best physical therapist Chicago. There is an assortment of injuries associated with basketball, and each has its own prevention and treatment methods. In this article, we will discuss the best way to prepare yourself for the risks.
Types of Injuries
Generally, there are two types of basketball injuries; acute, and overuse. Acute injuries are the result of accidents like falls or slips, while overuse injuries are the result of overworking the body simply by playing the game. Both acute and overworking injuries can be treated with the best physical therapist Chicago:
- Acute Injuries
- Sprains, often in the wrist or ankle
- Knee ligament strains or tears
- Finger fractures
- Overworking Injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Lower back pain
Preventing Basketball Injuries
While it’s hard to prevent accidents like falls or slips, you can prepare your body for the game to help cut down on overworking injuries. Physical therapy at best physical therapist Chicago can give you the proper training and care to get your body in basketball shape. Here are some tips to help you prepare for any potential basketball injury.
- Before any workout, especially sports, it’s important to gradually warm the muscle groups needed for the activity. A warm up allows you to heat your muscles and increase blood flow, allowing for more mobility and energy.
- Wear protective equipment
- While basketball might not have as much gear as some sports, you can still greatly benefit from wearing mouthguards, anti-skid basketball shoes, ankle guards, or knee pads.
- Stay Hydrated
- Your body needs water to be able to perform properly. Make sure to drink not only sports drinks but also pure water.
- Allow sufficient recovery time from previous injuries
Treating Basketball Injuries with Free Body Physical Therapy
Our physical therapy is the best physical therapist Chicago can help you treat nearly every kind of basketball injury. We have a sports rehabilitation program designed to get you healthy and on your game as soon as possible. In many cases, the sports rehabilitation program can actually improve athletic output, and increase your flexibility. Check out our website for more information.