What is Manual Therapy Chicago ?
Manual Therapy Chicago is a movement based treatment approach used in the field of physical therapist. Manual therapy is also called as manipulative therapy or simply, manipulations. It involves hands-on application of forces to body structures such as muscles and joints for rehabilitation and restoration of function.
What are different types of Manual Therapy Chicago?
There are various types of manual therapy such as:
What is the evidence for manual therapies?
Manual therapies can be broadly classified into several groups such as:
Findings from numerous studies, systematic reviews and research reports provide enough-evidence to implement some of these treatment approaches to improve pain and function in patients with musculoskeletal conditions. For example,
• Dynamic warm up
• Stretching / isometric stretching / proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
• Joint mobilization
Are manual therapies safe? Are they effective? What are complications for manual therapies?
Manual Therapy Chicago is safe, when applied by a trained and experienced therapist. But it can have adverse effects such as:
• Worsening of symptoms
• Inappropriate technique
• Joint or soft tissue damage
• Neurological symptoms such as pain, numbness or weakness, ischemia etc.
In addition to these major risks, there are a few other risks such as:
• Needle stick injury
• Transmission of disease by blood and body fluid contact
• Increased pain or worsening of existing conditions.
Inappropriate manual therapy can lead to serious adverse effects, which is why it must be practiced at the hands of qualified professionals. The primary goal for any manual therapist is to provide maximal benefit while causing minimal harm. If you are looking for Manual Therapy Chicago, make sure you contact Free Body Physical Therapy today!
Joints are very important parts of the body where multiple bones are connected so as to allow for movement/range of motion. Once joint pain begins, it can cause a lot of problems. If your joint pain has started to negatively impact your life, our team at Free Body Physical Therapy is here to help you.
What Is Causing My Pain?
Arthritis is perhaps the most commonly diagnosed cause of joint pain. Arthritis is the swelling of the joints. Arthritis can include varying symptoms, but the most common ones include the stiffening of the joints, something that typically can get worse with age. Types of arthritis include osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. At Manual Therapy Chicago, our highly skilled team of professionals is here to help ensure you live your life as pain free as possible.
- Decreased range of motion
When resting for too long, stiff joints tend to get worse, not better. That is why physical therapy is the best option to deal with this. At Manual Therapy Chicago, we will show you how to perform stretches and various other exercises that will help to reduce your pain. Things to focus on during your sessions at Manual Therapy Chicago are:
- Reducing pain and swelling.
- Range of motion restoration.
- Strengthening muscles/joints.
Long Term Joint Health: Manual Therapy Chicago
The more you move, the less joint pain you will have. Staying active is extremely important to ensuring good long and short term joint health.
Flexibility is very important in terms of moving easier. Stretching daily or at a minimum three times, a week will be very beneficial. Light warmups beforehand are highly recommended. Something as simple as walking can be very beneficial in loosening up joints, ligaments, and tendons.
Things like fish and anything with calcium and vitamin D are great foods to help your joints. Dairy products are the best source of calcium but vegetables like broccoli and kale work great as well.
At Manual Therapy Chicago we strive to ensure that you are living your best, healthiest life possible. If you’re living with joint pain, get the help you deserve today. Contact us and schedule your first session so we can help start you on your path towards recovery.
Incorporating running into your daily exercise routine is one of the easiest ways to stay fit, however, it is also known to be the easiest way of developing an injury. Aches and pains caused by running aren’t just common in beginners but also expert level runners as well. Are you a runner and have been experiencing pain during or afterward? Free Body Physical Therapy offers Manual Therapy Chicago to help treat your running injuries no matter the severity and also help you prevent new running injuries in the future.
Common Running Injuries: Manual Therapy Chicago
Running injuries usually occur when you push yourself too hard, especially if you are new to running. Additionally, the way your body moves during these actions impacts your overall health as well. Common running injuries and pains may include but are not limited to:
- Ankle sprains
- Achilles tendinitis
- Heel spur
- Hamstring tear or strain
- Iliotibial (IT) band syndrome
- Muscle pulls and tears
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
- Stress fractures
- Ruptured tendon
- Runner’s knee
- Temperature related injuries- sunburn, heat exhaustion, hypothermia and frostbite
How to Prevent These Injuries From Occurring
If you are a seasoned runner or even just starting, there are many methods you can take into consideration when running to help prevent future injuries from occurring. It is important to always put your health and body first, and you should always be your main priority. Here are some helpful tips from our office of Manual Therapy Chicago and ways to prevent future running injuries from occurring that include but are not limited to:
- Wear proper footwear- When running your shoes should fit properly and made for running specifically. It is also important to replace your sneakers when they become worn out, losing their support over time.
- Warm-up properly- Walking or jogging first is known to loosen up your muscles and joints before increasing your effort.
- Stretching- Dynamic stretching before your run and static stretching after your run.
- Avoid overtraining- As much running daily can seem like the best way to stay as fit as possible, your body needs rest days which are equally as important.
- Cross-train- Running is not used by itself to stay fit and keep a healthy lifestyle. You need to be in good shape overall to run without developing injuries
- Change up your running route- Running the same route daily can begin to become monotonous and boring. To keep your running routine fun and interesting, changing up where you run can help to make the experience more enjoyable.
Looking for Manual Therapy Chicago?
Look no further! Free Body Manual Therapy Chicago is here to help! Whether you’ve recently developed a running-related injury and need assistance recovering, or need help preventing further running injuries, our certified physical therapists are here for you. Visit our website or contact us to schedule an appointment today!