What causes knee pain? And more importantly, how can you relieve it? There are multiple causes and factors that put people at risk for developing knee pain. If you experience chronic knee pain, a one on one physical therapy Chicago can help! At Free Body, we provide physical therapy services to help alleviate your knee pain fast.
What Causes Knee Pain?
Knee pain is a common problem for many people, especially athletes or older people. It is also common for people who work in fields that require standing for long periods. Injury and underlying conditions can also contribute to knee pain. Some examples of conditions that cause knee pain include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Common Injuries that cause knee pain include:
- Strains and Sprains
- Meniscal Tear
- Dislocated Kneecap
- ACL Tear
How to Relieve Knee Pain
If you are experiencing knee pain, you understand how debilitating it can be. A knee injury can restrict your mobility and make completing daily tasks a struggle. If you recently suffered an injury that left you with knee pain, A one on one physical therapy Chicago can help! Here are some useful tips to help relieve your symptoms:
- R.I.C.E. Method: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation of the knee. This method is a great at-home option to treat knee pain. In addition to this method, your healthcare provider may also prescribe you pain medication to reduce inflammation and some of the pain.
- Physical Therapy: Physical Therapy is a great option for people who suffer from chronic knee pain. Therapy can help increase strength, flexibility, and mobility in the knee. Physical therapy can also help you prevent future injury.
- Surgery: In serious cases, surgery may be required to treat the knee injury. Common types of knee surgery include arthroscopic surgery, partial and total knee replacement surgery, and osteotomy.
One on One Physical Therapy Chicago
At Free Body, we are dedicated to helping patients reach their treatment goals through personalized care. Don’t let knee pain get in the way of doing what you love! If you are suffering from knee pain, consider what physical therapy can offer you. To get started with a one on one physical therapy Chicago , call or visit our website to schedule an appointment today!
We are constantly using our hands throughout the day. The combination of hand and arm movements may cause strains to the joints over time. Wrist pain, or in other words “tendinosis,” is a swelling of the tendons. It is often caused by strain or over usage of wrist movements. In more severe cases, wrist pain is a sign of fractures from injuries. In many cases, your doctor may suggest physical therapy to relieve the pain. You can make an appointment with our team at Free Body Physical Therapy- one on one physical therapy Chicago, by clicking here.
Our joints begin to wear and tear with age; this is a sign of arthritis beginning to form. Here are some examples:
- Wrist sprain
Everyday activities cause the most common type of wrist injury.
- Wrist tendonitis
This injury is mainly caused by lifting heavy materials & sports.
- Carpal tunnel Syndrome
This wrist fracture targets the nerves causing irritation & inflammation.
If you are unsure of the cause of your pain, your doctor will perform a physical examination to inspect for any bruising or swelling. The doctor will instruct you to open and close your hand into a fist to evaluate the range in motion. The doctor will form several image tests to best suit your needs. Here are some of the tests your doctor may perform:
- X-ray or CT
Your doctor may want to take a look to make sure there are no broken bones. If there are any bone fractures, an x-ray is the most common test to reveal these signs.
- MRI or Ultrasound
This test produces images of the soft tissue to see if any inflammation of the ligaments is present. A small device is used in many image locations to perform the procedure instead of using a full-body machine.
There are a few simple steps you can take to prevent a wrist injury:
Wrist guards, use while lifting heavy machinery or weights at the gym.
Hot compression, using a steamed towel can alleviate tension in your hands and wrists.
One on One physical therapy Chicago
If you suffer from persisting pain, contact our expert physical therapist at Free Body Physical Therapy- one on one physical therapy Chicago to discuss nonsurgical treatment options. Please make your appointment in our Chicago location today!
Muscle tension in the neck is a common issue. There are many reasons that neck pain occurs, including injury and poor posture. Free Body Physical Therapy can help with any of your one on one physical therapy Chicago problems. With an individualized physical therapy plan, we will make sure you can get back to being at your best!
Causes of Neck Tension
There are many causes of one on one physical therapy Chicago . Some examples include:
- Repetitive Motion: People who perform repetitive motion are at risk of straining a neck muscle.
- Poor Posture: Your neck supports your head. If the weight of your head is not adequately supported, neck tension occurs. Poor posture includes hunching over a computer and phone.
- Teeth Grinding: Clenching your teeth strains the muscles in your neck.
- Exercise: Just like your legs might be sore after a run, Engaging your neck muscles in movement can cause soreness too.
- Improper Sleeping Positions: Your head and neck should be aligned with the rest of your body when you sleep.
- Heavy Bags: Carrying heavy bags on your shoulders can strain the muscles in your neck.
- Stress: When you are stressed, you may unconsciously tense the muscles in your neck
- Trauma: A car accident or fall can cause whiplash and injure the muscles in your neck.
How to Alleviate One on One Physical Therapy Chicago
Now that you know all about the causes of one on one physical therapy Chicago, here are some ways to treat it:
- Stretch! Some stretches such as the seated neck stretch and the chin to chest stretch can alleviate pain.
- Get a massage.
- Apply heat or ice to the affected area.
- Soak in a hot or saltwater bath.
- Take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication such as Motrin, Advil, or Aleve.
- Do yoga
- Physical therapy
How Free Body Physical Therapy Can Help
If you need one on one physical therapy Chicago, Free Body Physical Therapy can help! While resting your neck may seem helpful, it is essential to move the neck muscles to recover fully. Our team will treat your pain using gentle therapeutic stretches and strengthening exercises. If you need one on one physical therapy Chicago , don’t wait; contact us and make an appointment!