Established in 2015, Free Body Physical Therapy intended to change the standard of physical therapy practice, your health is their practice. No two bodies respond to injuries the same way which is why no two therapy practices can respond to injury in the same way. One specialty of theirs can be found at the physical therapy Bucktown. It is estimated that the average american walks 3,000- 4,000 steps each day. One can understand that this can cause great pain if not treated properly.
Below are a few examples of medical services that is offered at Free Body Physical Therapy:
Neck and Back Pain
The human back acts as a pillar of support for the human body, if this structure becomes compromised the patients quality of life can quickly deteriorate common causes of neck pain include:
- Spinal stenosis
- Car accident related injury
- Sports related injury
- Herniated discs
Arthritis is one of the leading causes of joint pain causing the cartilage between the joints to break down leading to swelling and inflammation. Stiffness, swelling and pain are common symptoms. There are many options to choose from when treating joint pain reducing the swelling through ice being most common other ways include:
- Increasing muscle strength around the joints.
- Restore your natural range of motion.
- Learn how to maintain joint health for the future.
Some common symptoms of arthritis are:
- Decreased range of motion
- Stiffness and Swelling
- Tenderness and pain
Foot and Ankle Pain
Important to treat sooner than later foot and ankle pain can be brought on by many factors with muscles, tendons, bones and ligaments working together as one the smallest issue can be followed by increasing pain if not treated sooner than later. The experienced team at the physical therapy Bucktown can assist in discovering the root causes of Foot and Ankle Pain. some common causes of Foot and Ankle injury include:
- Collapsed arches
- Post surgical issues
- Ankle sprains
The staff of professionals at the physical therapy Bucktown provide patients with a full understanding in order for the possibility of risk to be avoided. The physical therapy Bucktown offers a variety of methods when treating foot and ankle pain, with physical therapy often being the first considered. Some treat methods include:
- Achilles Stretch
- Big toe Stretch
- Toe curls
- Golf ball roll
The sooner one makes an appointment to see the team of experts at the physical therapy Bucktown the time spent injured can be diminished swiftly. For more information visit their website.
Having a foot or ankle injury can cause your body to function in a very unstable way. Your body will not move properly because of severe pain that an injury may cause. At Free Body Physical Therapy, we make sure that your body is treated with individuality and care. Our therapies will help your injuries to improve so you do not have to go through the horrible pain. Your symptoms will constantly increase if you do not seek a physical therapist immediately which may cause some sort of disease. Free Body Physical Therapy was found to help our patients to get back to shape and to meet your clients goals. It is important you seek help from our physical therapy Bucktown now!
What Leads To Foot and Ankle Injuries?
- Sports Injuries
- Work related-task
- At home injuries
- Slippery road
- A certain disease
Many children are most likely to have a sports injury which may cause a foot or ankle injury. At physical therapy Bucktown we make sure we acknowledge everything to children about how they can prevent future injuries that occur due to sports. Children get injured while playing basketball, jumping, soccer, football, etc. Whenever someone gets injured their muscles tend to get weaker and always have conflicts with moving themselves. There may be higher risks of injuries if not treated on time. For example, vision and balance which may prevent you from doing activities. Where minor injuries may not be a problem and can heal quickly over time.
How Can You Prevent Foot and Ankle Injuries?
- Avoid wearing shoes that are not comfortable.
- Never walk barefoot on streets or parks.
- Wear supportive athletic shoes that will support your foot well/ buy new shoes often.
- Reduce falls by walking slowly and always looking around for obstacles on your path.
- Decrease the amount of running miles.
Contact Physical Therapy Bucktown!
Free Body Physical Therapy was established in 2015 and since then we have been providing our services with standard and well maintained reputation. It is our suggestion that you visit our website or give us a call at physical therapy Bucktown so we can help you to improve your health. Make your appointment with us today!
Incorporating running into your daily exercise routine is one of the easiest ways to stay fit, however, it is also known to be the easiest way of developing an injury. Aches and pains caused by running aren’t just common in beginners but also expert level runners as well. Are you a runner and have been experiencing pain during or afterward? Free Body Physical Therapy offers physical therapy Bucktown to help treat your running injuries no matter the severity and also help you prevent new running injuries in the future.
Common Running Injuries
Running injuries usually occur when you push yourself too hard, especially if you are new to running. Additionally, the way your body moves during these actions impacts your overall health as well. Common running injuries and pains may include but are not limited to:
- Ankle sprains
- Achilles tendinitis
- Heel spur
- Hamstring tear or strain
- Iliotibial (IT) band syndrome
- Muscle pulls and tears
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
- Stress fractures
- Ruptured tendon
- Runner’s knee
- Temperature related injuries- sunburn, heat exhaustion, hypothermia and frostbite
How to Prevent These Injuries From Occurring
If you are a seasoned runner or even just starting, there are many methods you can take into consideration when running to help prevent future injuries from occurring. It is important to always put your health and body first, and you should always be your main priority. Here are some helpful tips from our office of physical therapy Bucktown and ways to prevent future running injuries from occurring that include but are not limited to:
- Wear proper footwear- When running your shoes should fit properly and made for running specifically. It is also important to replace your sneakers when they become worn out, losing their support over time.
- Warm-up properly- Walking or jogging first is known to loosen up your muscles and joints before increasing your effort.
- Stretching- Dynamic stretching before your run and static stretching after your run.
- Avoid overtraining- As much running daily can seem like the best way to stay as fit as possible, your body needs rest days which are equally as important.
- Cross-train- Running is not used by itself to stay fit and keep a healthy lifestyle. You need to be in good shape overall to run without developing injuries
- Change up your running route- Running the same route daily can begin to become monotonous and boring. To keep your running routine fun and interesting, changing up where you run can help to make the experience more enjoyable.
Looking for Physical Therapy Bucktown?
Look no further! Free Body physical therapy Bucktown is here to help! Whether you’ve recently developed a running-related injury and need assistance recovering, or need help preventing further running injuries, our certified physical therapists are here for you. Visit our website or contact us to schedule an appointment today!