As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many medical providers have increasingly begun to give patients the option of using telehealth services instead of making in-person visits to their offices. Our team at Free Body Physical Therapy offers telehealth physical therapy Colorado, as we understand that you may want to continue social distancing and have sessions in the comfort of your own home.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of electronic devices to facilitate virtual communication, including the exchange of medical information between you and your provider, so that services can be rendered remotely. There are several benefits to using telehealth, including:
- Shorter wait times to see a medical provider
- Easier access to medical providers for people living in rural and urban areas
- Lower costs
- Reduced anxiety
- Limited need for arranging child care
With telehealth, our team at Free Body Physical Therapy will be able to continue providing you with our services and treating your various conditions, including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Joint pain
- Foot and ankle pain
Utilizing our telehealth physical therapy Colorado also allows us to continue educating you about your treatment plan and assessing your healing progress while you are at home.
Before beginning your telehealth session with your physical therapist, you will first need to ensure that you are properly equipped. This means that you should have:
- Strong internet access: This is to ensure that you are not disconnected from your physical therapist during your session.
- Computer or electronic device: It is important that you use a device that has a camera and a microphone. Your physical therapist will typically let you know which virtual platform is needed for the session.
- Space to perform body movements: Find a place in your home where you can move freely without any potential for harm.
- Good lighting: Your physical therapist will need to be able to see you clearly so that they can assess if the exercises are being done safely and correctly.
- Household items: Depending on the severity of your condition and the type of exercises you are asked to perform, you may need to utilize household items during your session.
Telehealth Physical Therapy Colorado
If you are unable to commute or have concerns regarding potential exposure to COVID-19, then contact Free Body Physical Therapy today! Our team will provide you with information on how you can schedule your telehealth physical therapy Colorado. If you have further questions regarding any of our other services, then feel free to check out our website!